Wednesday 26 May 2010

by Asma bint Shameem When the world was full of darkness and oppressionHe worshipped his One Lord in seclusionAway from all idols, away from all deityIn Cave Hira' he was chosen…..for you and me As he propagated the Message True,Not many believed him but a fewHe faced torture, persecution and agonyYet he endured it….for you and me They mocked him, they cursed him, a madman they called him,With money they even tried to buy him,They threw on him intestines and garbage so filthy,But, he patiently persisted…..for you and me A heart full of hope, he turned to another place,Maybe they will believe in him; his was a familiar faceBut they stoned him, and pelted him with debrisAt Ta'if, he bled…..for you and me Such atrocity! The Heavens shook, the Earth criedHe could have easily had them destroyed Yet he forgave them. If he didn’t, we wouldn’t beFor they were the ancestors…..for you and me. In the Night of Israa, his Lord honored him,Up to the Seven Heavens He called himWhen the Order came for Prayers FiftyYa Rabb, five. He pleaded…..for you and me For thirteen years he spread IslaamTeaching them the basics of ImaanYet they didn’t understand; their hearts were emptySo to Madina he migrated ….for you and me. They tried to stop him, but his Message was unstoppableThey tried to suppress him, but the Truth was inevitableHe brought to the world, peace and equalityHe spread the Light….for you and me He was truthful, upright, kind and compassionateHe was humble, noble, brave and so gallantKindness was his message even to his enemySuch was his teaching….for you and me. He was Allaah’s Beloved, his sins were forgiven, But he worshipped all night till his feet were swollen,Not for his own self concerned was heHe prayed all night….for you and me It was his Ummah that was the cause of his worryHis eyes would turn red, his beard so tearyOur Hereafter was his anxietyHe shed his tears…..for you and me He came to perfect good manners, his was the perfect exampleQuran was his character, so noble was his sampleHe was sent to all creation as a mercyHe is the Best….for you and me. If we follow his Sunnah, uphold his WayWe will succeed surely on that DayNo more tiredness, no more thirstyHe will wait at Kauther….for you and me. When all other Prophets will turn awayUmmati, Ummati is what he will say“Forgive them, Ya Allaah!”, will be his pleaHe will intercede….for you and me. And now they try, as they tried once beforeTo defame and slander him, but one thing’s for sureThey will NEVER, EVER succeed, for undoubtedlyHe is the highest with the Almighty. Look at what he did for you, look how much he loved youThe big question is: what are YOU going to do?STAND UP AND DEFEND HIM, YA UMMATI!The time is NOW….. for you and me. But don’t lose perspective, in a moment of passionRemember to behave in an Islamic fashionDon’t respond to evil with violence and crueltyThat’s what he said…..to you and me.

No comments: